Lentil Bolognese is the perfect easy weeknight dinner ready in less than 20 mins! Lentils are a great mince replacement providing a meat like texture + they are loaded with fibre and protein. This is a very basic recipe so feel free to add in some veggies like mushrooms, zucchini or carrot for some extra goodness however this will increase the cooking time. Hope you enjoy this recipe!! xx
Simple Lentil Bolognese
- 1 medium brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can brown lentils drained + rinsed
- 1 canned tomatoes or fresh
- 1 500 g jar organic pasta sauce of choice try to find one with minimal ingredients and no added sugar
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of choice I used brown rice GF pasta
- Toppings optional:
- Nutritional yeast cheese replacement
- Start by cooking chopping up the onion and add to saucepan with a little water or oil and cook until soft. Crush garlic, add in saucepan and continue cooking for a minute or so then add all remaining ingredients (except pasta). Leave on a low heat and let simmer for approx. 15 mins while the pasta cooks stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta as per cooking instructions, drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Add pasta to bowl and top with the lentil bolognese. Add toppings and enjoy!
- You can store this in fridge for up to 5 days or is great to freeze for a later date.