Coming into the cooler months we naturally turn to warming foods and drinks that make us feel cosy and nourished. I thought it would be appropriate to start sharing some immune boosting recipes with you! I have been making this hot choc recipe for a few years now as a “healthier” alternative to your traditional hot chocolate. I like to Enjoy as a mid morning drink as a little pick me up! Enjoy!
- 2 cups plant based milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 tbsp. cacao
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (less if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. or cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle of coconut milk
- Cacao powder
- In a small saucepan, heat up milk until hot but not boiling and add all hot chocolate ingredients.
- Using a whisk, stir until well combined.
- Turn off heat and pour into your favourite mug, add a sprinkle of cacao on top and enjoy the goodness!