Vegan/ Gluten free/ Processed sugar free
A healthy alternative to traditional pad thai which usually contains lots of oil and salt. My recipe uses nourishing vegetable noodles which are made using a spiralizer. If you have never heard of or used one I highly recommend it for a healthy alternative to wheat noodles. You may have noticed me using it in other recipes like my ZUCCHINI PESTO SPAGHETTI! It’s a handy tool to have in your kitchen if you are trying to cut out gluten from your diet or just if you want to get more veggies in. The homemade peanut sauce adds such a wholesome delicious flavour and uses very minimal ingredients! Hope you give it a try and I promise it will leave you feeling light, satisfied and energised!
Vegetable Noodle Pad Thai + A Peanut Sauce (Vegan+Gluten Fee)
- 2 medium zucchini's
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 large capsicum
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Peanut Sauce:
- 3 Tbs peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 2 Tbs low salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spiralize the carrot and zucchini and thinly slice capsicum and purple cabbage.
- Heat your pan with coconut oil and add veggies and lime juice. Cook for about 3-4 mins constantly moving around the pan. You are just aiming for the veggies to soften a little not to fry or over cook! once you feel it's ready, transfer over to mixer bowl and set aside.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until its well combined. It should be a good consistency however if you feel it is too thick add more water.
- Add 1/2 the sauce to vegetables that you set aside and stir in well.
- Place in a serving bowl (could be enough for 2) and add fresh toppings and extra sauce if you want more flavour.
- Get your chopsticks out and enjoy xx