Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy Free/ Processed Sugar Free
Pistachio, coconut and lime is the most delicious flavour combo! This is a recipe I just keep coming back to… it seems to always be a winner when I share this one with friends and family! limes are amazing in raw cheesecakes as they add that zest of freshness to this dessert! Limes are a citrus fruit that provides a number of benefits such as aiding in digestion, contain antioxidants (which help fight free radicals and protects your immune system) and are an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is great to boost our immune system and would also be a perfect dessert in winter when those nasty colds are going around!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! xx
Raw Pistachio, Coconut & Lime Cheesecakes
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. lime rind
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 limes juiced
- Rind of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- Crushed pistachios
- Grated lime rind
- Line your square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Blend all base ingredients, scoop out into baking tray and press down with your fingers then place in freezer.
- Blend all filling ingredients until creamy, pour onto base, smooth over with the back of a spoon and place in freezer for at least 4 hours or you can leave overnight.
- Take out of freezer and cut into squares. Top with your garnish and enjoy!!
- Can store in fridge or freezer.