Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Refined sugar free
You can’t go wrong with the delicious flavour of mango and coconut. These are a great if you are looking for that guilt free snack anytime of the day! Mangoes are are full of fibre which is great for your digestion and also contains vitamin C to boost the immune system. I have also used cashew nuts which contain unsaturated fat which can help lower cholesterol to improve heart health. For this recipe I have used dried mango so you can make these all year round.
- 1 cup dried chopped up mango
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1 cup desiccated coconut and ½ extra cup for rolling
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup or rice malt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- Soak cashews over night in water then drain away water.
- Soak dried mango in cool for 20 mins before you make these then drain away water.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until combined.
- Take mixture out and place into a bowl then put in fridge for an hour to cool.
- When you are ready to make these, with a tablespoon scoop out small amounts and roll into balls with your hands then roll in desiccated coconut.
- Continue for all of the mixture.
- Place back in fridge for at least and hour then enjoy!
- Keep stored in fridge.