Gluten Free + Vegan
I’m excited to share with you this recipe because over the years I have tried a few different vegan and gluten free recipes and found it challenging to get that light and fluffy consistency! But After a number of attempts I have finally come up with the most delicious banana bread with the perfect texture!! I use a mixture of gluten free goodness: buckwheat and almond flour which are both grain-free, high in fibre, and a good source of plant based protein! You’ll find that this recipe doesn’t include loads of sugar and that is because bananas are naturally very sweet (tip: the riper the bananas the sweeter the bread will be). You can also get creative by adding some crushed nuts or choc chips to the mixture!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do ♥♥♥
Buckwheat & Almond Banana Bread (Gluten free + Vegan)
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour I blended buckwheat groats to a flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond meal
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup mashed banana approx 3 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil I used organic sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 chia seed eggs 2 Tbsp. Chia seeds + 6 Tbsp. Water
- Pre heat oven to 180*C
- Start by making the chia seed egg: in a small bowl mix together the chia seeds and water and set aside to thicken up.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and set aside. Mix all the wet ingredients together (including chia egg) and add to dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and poor in the mixture. Optional: Top with some sliced banana!
- Bake for approximately 45 min and leave out to cool.
- I sprinkled with some hemp seeds and and a drizzle of maple syrup! Slice up and store in a container in fridge. Enjoy! Xx