I have been using this delicious matcha green tea powder a lot in my smoothies and tea. I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate it in a dessert and what better way then a RAW cheesecake! This cheesecake has a refreshing taste of green tea and mint with a hint of chocolate! If you are a green tea lover then you must give this recipe a try!
Matcha green tea powder// One of the major health benefits of matcha green tea powder is that it contains high amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants are naturally occurring chemical compounds that help to prevent anti-aging and chronic disease. Matcha is also rich in insoluble fibers, antioxidants and L-Theanines, protein, calcium, iron and vitamin C! If you are not sure where to buy matcha powder, I have been ordering mine online from kenkotea.com.au. I use Kenko tea mainly because they are a Melbourne based company with great product reviews and their product is 100% USDA Certified Organic, heavy Metal, Pesticide and Radiation Free, raw, 100% Natural, non GMO, vegan Friendly and gluten Free.
Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Refined sugar free
Hope you enjoy xx
Raw Matcha Green Tea & Mint Cheesecake
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked for at least 4 hrs in water to soften
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 block raw mint chocolate
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Line base of cake tin with baking paper.
- Blend base ingredients and place in cake tin, press down with fingers until even and place in freezer.
- Blend cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut water and sweetener and blend until smooth.
- Pour in some of the filling in the cake tin and leave the rest for the green tea layer.
- With remaining cashew filling, add in spinach, mint, peppermint extract and matcha powder, blend until combined and pour into the cake tin.
- Place in freezer and let it set for about 4 hours.
- Break up chocolate bar in a heat proof bowl, boil water in a saucepan and place bowl in water. Let the chocolate melt, and grab the bowl with a tea towel so you don't burn your hand and pour onto the cake. Add a sprinkle of matcha powder, mint and pistachio nuts.
- Store in fridge or freezer!