A simple vegan chocolate mousse recipe that will blow your mind! In this recipe I have used silken tofu as it gives the mousse a wonderful smooth and creamy texture perfect for desserts. Silken tofu is made from soybeans and is relatively low in fat, very high in protein containing all essential amino acids (especially good for vegans/ vegetarians), high in iron, and calcium. If you have started to switch to a more plant-based diet and still wanting your chocolate fix then this recipe is for you!! enjoy xx
- 1 packet of organic silken tofu (300g)
- ½ cup good quality dark chocolate (I used a block of chocolate broken up)
- 1 Tbs cacao powder
- 4 medjool dates pitted and soaked in warm water to soften
- 1 Tbs rice malt syrup of maple syrup
- 1 Tbs coconut water
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- Melt chocolate in a heat safe bowl on over a stove by placing bowl in a saucepan surrounded by water on a medium to low heat until all melted.
- Drain the silken tofu and add to the blender along with all remaining ingredients including the melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Pour into separate glasses and set in fridge for atleast an hour.
- Top with your favourite toppings (I used chocolate shavings, cacao nibs and buckwheat groats).
And…. it’s all gone!