Did you know you can now eat smoothies from a bowl? for some of you this might be something new and exciting! Smoothie bowls are one of my favourite things to make for breakfast! I find so much satisfaction in getting creative and turning my breakfast into something pretty. To make your smoothie bowl successful, it’s important that the actual smoothie is thick enough for the toppings to sit perfectly on top and not sink to the bottom (guilty of doing that before). Once you have the smoothie part sorted, you can pretty much add any of your favourite toppings. For this smoothie bowl I have kept it relatively simple, however, aim for having a mixture or fruits, nuts, nut butter or seeds, granola and occasional raw chocolate which makes your smoothie bowl even more special.
Smoothie bowls are the easiest way and healthiest way to get lots of nourishing goodness in one serving. If you’re a fan lemon cheesecake you will love this recipe! It’s like eating dessert for breakfast and the best thing is it will only takes about 5-10 mins to make. Enjoy xx
Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Refined sugar free
Vanilla+Berry+Lemon "Cheesecake" Smoothie Bowl
- Serves enough for two or one large smoothie bowl//
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 lemon juice only and 1/2 grated rind of a lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut water I use Nakula Organic
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla vegan protein powder I used Amazonia vanilla Raw protein isolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Optional Toppings:
- loving earth lemon caramel chocolate
- kiwi fruit
- frozen berries
- shredded coconut
- few sliced of lemon
- Blend together cashews, coconut water, lemon rind, lemon juice, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in banana, berries, and add in almond milk a bit at a time, add less milk if you want very thick otherwise add it all in.
- Pour into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy the deliciousness!