This recipe is a great option for people with nut allergies or just wanting to try something a little different! Most no bake cakes require cashew nuts as the filling to achieve that creamy “cheese-like” texture. For this recipe I have replaced cashew nuts for silken tofu… What I love about using silken tofu is that it’s lighter and cheaper than using a whole lot of nuts. What I don’t love as much is that it isn’t as firm as the cashew filling so just requires a little bit more TLC! Also when buying silken tofu make sure you get a good quality organic tofu as the taste is a lot better than the cheaper supermarket ones… Other then that I hope you give this recipe a try as I think you’re gonna love it!
Vanilla + Lime "cashew free" cheesecake
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup gf oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp almond butter if you can't eat almonds try another nut butter or a seed butter
- 600 g of good quality organic silken tofu tofu usefully comes in 300g packets so get two of these
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 zest of a lime
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup add a little more if you prefer a sweeter taste
- 1 tsp vanila powder
- Blend together base ingredients using a food processor or high speed blender, scoop out, place in a loose base tart tin and push down with fingers until it is spread evenly down the bottom and sides then place in freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients until smooth and pour into the base.
- Place in fridge over night to set for best results.
- Once it's set, top with lime zest, blueberries or homemade berry chia seed jam (my favourite toppings).
- Be careful when serving as the cake is very delicate and it may be best to leave the bottom of the cake tin on! it's also best served straight out of the fridge so it's nice and firm.
- Stores up to 5 days in fridge. Enjoy!