I’m such a lover of homemade granola! It’s easy to make, full of fibre, protein and healthy fats! Oranges (in this recipe we are just using the rind) contain lots of vitamin C and vitamin A which are amazing for your immune system. Ginger is anti-inflammatory and can help aid in digestion! I use ginger a lot in my cooking and also grated in some warm water throughout the day:). Another main ingredient to this recipe is dried figs. They add the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering, are high in fibre, do not spike blood sugar levels, and are a good source of iron!
Vegan + refine sugar free
When i’m feeling like a change from my oats or smoothie for breakfast I will have a bowl of this granola with some fruit + homemade almond milk or on top of a smoothie bowl for extra goodness! Hope you enjoy this recipe xx
Orange, Ginger + Fig Granola
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup raw almonds chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Grated rind of one medium orange
- 3 Tbsp. ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Add in after cooked:
- 1 cup dried figs chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C.
- Mix together dry ingredients well then add in melted coconut oil + maple syrup and stir together until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and evenly spread out granola mixture then place in oven to cook for about 30 mins.
- Keep checking every 10 mins and flip mixture around the tray so it all cooks evenly.
- Once cooked (should look slightly golden), Let cool and add in chopped figs.
- Store in a glass jar and enjoy!