Why Is This Good For Me?
Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Processed sugar free
This is a lovely refreshing summer porridge that does not need heating as it’s 100% raw! Buckwheat is not a grain nor does it contain wheat despite the name buck”wheat” it is actually a fruit seed! Unlike starchy grains that spike blood sugar levels, buckwheat ranks very low on the glycimic scale, it reduces and stabilises blood sugar levels- great for diabetics. Buckwheat is also a great source of magnesium and contains more protein then grains.
Why is the buckwheat activated?
I’m all about eating foods that are great for digestive health as I believe it is the key to optimal health! That is why I soak nuts and seeds over night as this easy method makes them much easier to digest.
- 1½ cups soaked and rinsed buckwheat
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 cup blueberries (if using frozen make sure they have defrosted)
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or raw honey
- 3-4 tablespoons of water or coconut water
- Roast coconut flakes
- Bee pollen
- Using a high speed blender or food processor blend all porridge ingredients and pour into bowl.
- Clean out then blend together your blueberry sauce (if it's not blending well you may need to add more water but you don't want it runny)
- Dollop blueberry sauce on buckwheat porridge and with a spoon you can make your swirl.
- Add toppings and enjoy your wholesome breakfast!