Vegan/ Gluten free/ Processed sugar free
With the mornings getting a lot colder it’s the perfect time to incorporate more immune boosting foods into your day. This combination is perfect if you want to jazz up your boring bowl of oatmeal into something a bit more exciting! Ginger has anti-inflammotroy benefits and also aids in digestion. Because lemon is rich in vitamin C, it supports the immune system which will assist the body in fighting off colds and flus.
Hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious nourishing breakfast xx
- ½ cup gf quick oats
- 1 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 Tbps. Fresh grated ginger
- ½ banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. lemon rind
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbps. chia seeds
- water as needed
- Optional Toppings
- Blood orange slices
- Lemon Juice
- Banana slices
- Hemp seeds
- Bee pollen
- Acai powder
- Place all ingredients (excluding toppings) into a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Keep stirring as it will thicken up quickly and add water if needed.
- Once you have a lovely thick consistency, let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into your bowl, add toppings and enjoy the goodness!