Raw/ Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Refined sugar free
Summer is getting closer in Australia so I thought I would share with you a Light, fresh, dessert full of flavour and i’m certain it will be a hit at summer gatherings! Of course it’s also great for winter because limes are packed full of vitamin C which is vital to function a strong immune system (great to keep those colds away).
For the base, I decided to go for a a bit of a chocolate twist! Cacao is used for a chocolatey taste and I use cacao because it’s a raw product made using cold-pressed unroasted cocoa beans. Cacao also has wonderful health benefits as it contains antioxidants, is rich in minerals, and can increase levels in neurotransmitters which promote a sense of happiness an wellbeing. Avocados are the key ingredient to the filling and are also responsible for the vibrant green colour! Avocados are a source of good fats and have a smooth creamy texture perfect for desserts (don’t worry about using avocados in this because no one will be able to tell it’s in there!).
- 16 medjool dates seeds removed
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- ½ cup raw macadamias
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 medium avocados
- ½ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lime
- For the base, blend together all ingredients until combined (don't over blend as the base is better a bit crumbly).
- Line a round springform cake tin at the bottom only with baking paper and press the base into the tin, transfer into freezer while making the filling.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop filling out, place in blender along with all remaining filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour on the base the spread evenly with the back of a dessert spoon, place back into freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Take out and add optional toppings! I used lime zest, lime slices, and pistachios!
- Store in fringe or store in freezer if you want it to last longer!
- Best eaten in 3-4 days.
- Enjoy xx