Vegan/ Gluten free/ Processed sugar free
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all because they turned out to be so delicious and probably the yummiest vegan muffins i’ve ever made. These would be the perfect snack to share with friends, take to school/ work, or gatherings. I just love this recipe and I think you are going to love it too! Hope you give these a try and have some fun baking in the kitchen!
Pumpkins are an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory vegetable! They are high in vitamin A and vitamin C which is helps with a healthy immune system and collagen production to maintain beautiful glowing skin.
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory which is great if you suffer from inflammatory bowel disorders. It is also said to have help prevent some cancers in the body.
Quinoa is considered a complete protein, it’s naturally gluten free, and contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, B-vitamins, vitamin E and is very high in fiber.
- Dry ingredients:
- • 1 ½ cups quinoa flakes blended into flour
- • ⅓ cup quinoa flakes
- • ½ cup almond meal
- • ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- • 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- • ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Wet ingredients:
- • ½ cup pumpkin puree *see notes
- • ½ cup mashed banana
- • ⅓ cup maple syrup
- • ¼ cup non dairy milk
- • Egg replacer: 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with 7 tablespoons hot water, mix and let set in fridge for 10 mins until it forms a gel!
- Pumpkin seeds
- Start by making your chia seed egg so it can set in fridge.
- Pre heat oven to 180*
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients together then add the dry and mix well until combined.
- Grease muffin tray will a little coconut oil then evenly scoop out mixture into the tray.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and bake for 25-30 mins.
- When they are ready take out of the oven and let cool in tray for about 10 minutes then with a butter knife gently go around the edges and they should easily come out.
- Continue to cool on a cooling tray.
- Store in a air tight container in fridge if the weather is hot.
- If you are going to make your own pumpkin puree all you need to do is: chop up pumpkin and steam until very soft, let cool and blend until smooth!