Vegan/ Gluten free/ Dairy free/ Processed sugar free
The most simple pancakes you’ll ever make!! I use minimal nourishing ingredients to make these delicious fluffy pancakes…
Buckwheat is not a grain nor does it contain wheat despite the name buck”wheat” it is actually a fruit seed! Unlike starchy grains that spike blood sugar levels, buckwheat ranks very low on the glycimic scale, it reduces and stabilises blood sugar levels- great for diabetics. Buckwheat is also a great source of magnesium and contains more protein then grains.
Bananas are high in potassium and low in salt, which help lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke. Bananas are high in fiber and also act as a probiotic, stimulating healthy bacteria in the bowel.
- 1½ cups buckwheat flour
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 1 cup oat milk (you could also use another type of vegan milk)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for greasing the pan (I use nakula organic coconut oil)
- Recommended toppings:
- Chocolate date sauce (see recipe below)
- Buckwheat groats
- Cacao nibs
- Bee pollen
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients until it forms a batter.
- Heat a pan on the stove and grease with coconut oil.
- Pour some of the mixture in the pan to make small pancakes and when bubbles form flip and cook the other side. I cooked two pancakes at a time.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Chocolate Date Sauce
- 5 mejool dates (soaked in warm water for 10 mins)
- 1½ tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy!